Summer sales on Internet: 2012 figures
Summer sales are an important moment for retailers. What influence do they have on Internet? What kind of behavior can an e-retailer expect from its users? Here is a very interesting diagram by ifop and spartoo.com, with a few figures on consumers’ special behaviors and expectations during Summer sales in France.
Among other conclusions, I was attracted by the following figures:
- 61% women expect the sales, and they are ready to buy on Internet, whereas men use Internet mostly to prepare their shopping.
- Out of 38 million Internauts in France, 20 million have taken advantage of the Summer sales.
- Clothes are mainly what users come to buy during the Sales.
- Users mainly (75%) buy on their personal computer, but 21% buy on mobile, and 13% on tablet.
- During Sales, e-shoppers choose Internet mostly for: attractive prices, avoiding crowds and being able to shop from their home.